Rithim na nGael – Bodhrán & Percussion Experience – Cruinniú na nÓg 2021
‘Rithim na nGael’ – Traditional Irish Music Percussion Experience, for Cruinniú na nÓg 2021. – Áras Chrónáin Creative team in partnership with members of the group KILA.
Aois Ghrúpa/Age Group: 8-16 Bl(yrs)
Ceardlann/Workshops: Céadaoin 9 Meitheamh 2021 agus Aoine 11 Meitheamh 2021 (07/06/2021 & 09/06/2021)
Léiriú/Performance: Satharn 12 Meitheamh 2021 (Streamed Online)
Create, Make, Participate!
Bodhrán & percussion is the heartbeat of Irish music. Rithim na nGael, through our workshop offers participants the opportunity under the experienced eye of some of the best bodhrán players in the world (KILA) to get their hands on an Irish bodhrán.
Music and in particular rhythm have a powerful impact. It is important that children have the opportunity to experience, learn and express themselves through the creative arts. Áras Chrónáin and KILA have spent many years fostering this ethos in our music classes, workshops and performances.
- Participants will learn various ways of how to get different sounds from the bodhrán in this fun and very entertaining workshops.
- Participants will learn various ways of how to get different sounds from the bodhrán / drum in this fun and very entertaining workshops.
- The main rhythms of Irish music – reels and jigs – are covered.
- Participants will also experience other rhythm instruments eg. The Cajon, Djembe, Cnámha (Bones)
- Participants will gain an acquired enthusiasm and appreciation of music after having attended Rithim na nGael workshops
- Everybody in the group will be given a bodhrán / drum and the group will be dived into rhythm sections, each performing a different rhythm.
- Our facilitators will act as concert conductors to insure that the various rhythm sections come together in orchestrated harmony.
- The result will be a performance by Rithim na nGael at Áras Chrónáin or Brú Chrónáin or Virtually, depending in COVID guidelines.
CLÁRAIGH ANOIS / REGISTER NOW